I have a full UK Driving Licence – what bikes can I ride?

If your car licence dates back to before February 2001 you should have full moped entitlement. You are allowed to ride a 50cc bike or scooter without L plates although it is officially recommended that you should do CBT anyway. If you want to ride anything bigger you are in the same boat as everyone else and have to start with CBT.